Hello one of the reasons I joined was that I have been  collecting Maine Civil War Antiques for over 25 years. I have a lot  from the 1st Maine Cavalry and would like to find a relative to share information.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My 2nd great uncle, Horace Buckley, was in Co. M, 1st Maine Cavalry. Born 1845 Maine and died 26 Apr 1866 in Orono, Maine. I do have copies of his Civil War records. He never married.

Nancy Taylor

Hello Nancy, I don't have a lot on him in the 1st Maine Cavalry. I know on 10/20/1863 he enlisted as a private in Co. M 1st Maine Heavy Artillery. He mustered out on 9/1/1866 he is also listed as being mustered out on 9/1/1865.I will check my 1st Maine Cavalry discharge papers I have and if I have his we can learn a lot more. Thank you, Glenn Gagne

He had 2 brothers that also fought in the Civil War. Charles A. Buckley, Co. B 12th Regt. Maine Infantry and my great grandfather, William Buckley, Co. F & B, 12th Regt. Maine Infantry. I also have their records. I found a lot about my Buckley family in these records.

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service