Hello, my name is Eddy Doaré. I live in France in Brest. I am part of the association "Flowers of Memory". I sponsor two U.S. soldiers whose graves are located in the cemetery of St. James in Normandy. One of them is a native of Aroostook County, Maine : Lawrence R Madore, 5 Ranger Bn - Army Serial Number: 11102009.
To the Honorable the best possible way and with all due respect I owe, I find information about it.
If anyone can help me, I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you.

Sorry for my english

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am quite sure that Lawrence was the son of Abel and Mattie (Lajoie) Madore, and was born 20 June 1921 in Van Buren, Aroostook County, Maine. His full name was Paul Roger Lawrence Madore, but in the 1930 census he was called just "Lawrence."

Lawrence's enlistment record states that he enlisted in the Army in 1942 at Hartford, Connecticut. I have found that Abel and Mattie Lajoie moved from Maine to Bristol, Hartford County, Connecticut, and that several of their children lived in Hartford County as well.

Chris thank you very much for your information

Name: Lawrence R Madore
Inducted From: Maine
Combat Organization: 5th Ranger Battalion
Death Date: 4 Sep 1944
Monument: Brittany, France
Last Known Status: Buried
U.S. Awards: Purple Heart Medal
Name: Lawrence R Madore
Birth Year: 1921
Race: White, Citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Maine
State of Residence: Maine
County or City: Aroostook

Enlistment Date: 9 Nov 1942
Enlistment State: Connecticut
Enlistment City: Hartford
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Groom's Name: Madore Lawrence R
Groom's Residence: Van Buren, ME
Bride's Name: Cyr Christine
Bride's Residence: Van Buren, ME
Marriage Date: 24 Apr 1941

Hi Laurie, thank you very much for the information you have provided. Do you think his wife Christine Cyr is still alive. If so can you find it? Did they have children?
With all my gratitude.

Eddy

I'm not sure that this was the same Lawrence Madore. His full enlistment record says that he was unmarried in 1942. Marie-Christine (Parent) (Cyr) Madore appears to have been born in 1896, and died in May of 1978. If so, she was considerably older than the Lawrence Madore who died in the war. I suspect that she married a different Lawrence Madore—perhaps the one who was living in Van Buren in 1930, aged 27 years.

well Chris, false joy, I thought I had a track.
 So be it.

thank you

yes, was not really confident in those records but in light of the dates it was a possibility I thought....since she had dual last names [assuming previously married] I thought it was a possibility so I included. And it [marriage]was before the enlistment date so.... sorry if it is a false lead...  :(

It does not matter. Thank you for trying. If you find something else, I'm interested.

thank you

Hi Eddy

It looks like this conversation is a bit old but I hope this finds you.

I was surprised and touched to find your message.  Lawrence would be my great-uncle.  He is the brother of my Grandmother (Irene Madore).  Irene is still living and I am looking forward to telling her about your support.  Their parents were Abel and Martha Madore.  Here is a link to the 1940 Census:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KMMS-P69?from=lynx1&tre...

Thank you

Ryan

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service