I am looking for the parents of Elizabeth or Betsey Clark who married Lazarus Rand. I believe she is connected to both the Minot and Woodstock areas. I believe she was born in 1757 and died in 1839 but I have no documentation. 

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woodstock town records give her birth date as 9 Oct. 1758. Lazarus Rand's pension file says that Betsey died 23 Feb. 1839 in "Minot, now Auburn." There is also a statement in the file from Hannah Rand of Scarboro—daughter of Philemon Rand—who says that "My brother Lazarus Rand married Elizabeth Clark of Falmouth called Saccarappa in the time of Revolutionary War."

Saccarappa would be what is now Westbrook.

I have a copy of the pension file and it says that no records of births or marriages from 1700-1849 exist because of a fire in October 1849 that destroyed everything. I've combed through the file and can't find any references to relatives of Betsy, although there is testimony from two of Lazarus's siblings. I wonder if there are records in Westbrook that might provide clues. Any other ideas on where to look? 

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service