My great grandparents Philomene Kirouac, daughter of Ambroise Kirouac, Anastasie Belange was born in Canada 1853 not sure, she married my great grandfather Gilbert Coulombe born in Canada?  Do not know who his parents were.  They were married St. John The Baptist Church in Brunswick Maine  April 1, 1883.  I am looking for information on lineage of Gilbert Coulombe.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Lois

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found Gilbert's second marriage in South Berwick to a Mary A. Devoy on 15 Oct 1907.  The Coulombe name is kind of rare.  In the marriage act it stated his age of 42 and he had been married before.  It stated his parents but it was hard to read.  I then proceeded to look at the Quebec records via the Drouin Collection and found a Gilbert being born on 11 baptized 12 Jul 1862 at Cap-St-Ignace, Quebec s/o Germain Coulombe s/o Clement Coulombe and Ursule Duval and Esther Bernier daughter of Germain Bernier and Marie-Veronique Bernier (yes, she was a Bernier, too. Germain & Esther were married in the same parish on 25 Jul 1854.  In regards to Philomene, I believe this is correct because she had two brothers and sisters in Biddeford and the Kirouac name is rare also, I then found that she was born and baptized 23 Jul 1854 at L'Islet, Quebec and the daughter of Ambroise Kirouac s/o Frimin and Marie-Marthe Lebourdais and Anastasie Belanger d/o Moise Belanger and Julie Bernier were married in the same parish 04 Oct 1853.  Let me know if I can further help.

Dear Lois,

I have enclosed Gilbert's second marriage certificate and the death record for his first wife.

Attachments:

Hi Allen,

I want to thank you so much for the marriage certificate and death record that you emailed me.  This has meant so much to me.  Because of this I can trace this line.  Thanks again

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service