Hi I am researching my daughter-in-law's family. I am looking for Ruth C Chandler born ? about 1898? I think. She married Dana P Winchell on 24 Jan 1928 the record said she was from Bangor and he was from Acton. They resided in Acton, Dana remarried in 1944 then again in 1948 so I am not sure if she died or they divorced. I can find no birth(that I can match) or death. Please help? I live in Central Maine and I am not sure where the cemetaries are in Acton area. He passed in 1970 in East Lebanon, Maine.

Thanks

Kim

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maine Old Cemetery Association records say that Dana P. Winchell and Ruth S. Winchell are buried in Maple Grove Cemetery in South Acton. Unfortunately the record gives no dates.

The 1930 census gives Ruth's age as 22, and says that she was born in Massachusetts, her father in Maine, and her mother in Massachusetts.

A Ruth S. Chandler matching this description was living in Bucksport, Maine, in 1910, and in Boston in 1920. She was the daughter of John W. and Myrtle S. Chandler. John was a farmer in 1910, but in 1920 was a mate on a steamship.

Here is the marriage record of John W. Chandler and Myrtle S. Allen: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N4Z6-K8F

And here is the birth record of their daughter, Ruth Seretha Chandler, b. 23 Apr. 1907 in Boston: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXJ4-J42

Thanks you I did find some out a little earlier but you helped me a lot!

hello,

i believe that they were divorced i would have to re-check because dana was married i believe three times. twice that i know of and he died before the last wife did. he is buried at maple grove cementery in acton, maine and i know that at least one of his wives is buried w/him. email me at lmmram@metrocast.net and remind me to look and when i'm there again i'll try to remember.    lois

I am a grandchild of Dana and Ruth Seretha and have been researching the family genealogy for 30 years.  My mother was the youngest child of Dana and Dana and Ruth Seretha and grew up up the road from the church where he is buried.  His first wife died when my mother was just a child.  He was married to his second wife for a short time and then divorced.  He married Avis Esther Trafton Pillsbury in 1949.  She is buried next to her first husband.  She and her first husband had 2 children.  Many of Dana's family is buried in the Maple Grove Cemetery in Acton.  Pictures of the headstones are available at findagrave.

Hello, the Winchells were my great grandparents. Never meet either because I was born in 1982. Ruth C Chandler Winchell died I think in her 30s after having 6 kids. I was always told that the doctors told her not to have kids. I'm guessing she wasn't in good health. My Granny was one of there daughters. Her name was Ruth S. Winchell Roberts. She was my Moms mother. She moved to Florida & so did there daughter (her sister)Grace. My Granny died when I was 14 and Auntie Grace died a few years back. I think there only child that is still alive is Auntie Sylvia and she's still in Maine. I haven't seen her since my Granny's funeral though. If you find out anything new I'd love to hear about it.

I'm Linda Rachel Loos Clinard daughter of
Cynthia Marie Roberts Loos daughter of
Ruth Seretha Winchell Roberts daughter of
Ruth C. Chandler Winchell

Hello,

There are actually 2 children of Ruth Seretha's alive of Sylvia and Irma (the youngest) in the Cincinnati area.

I am able to find only a small amount of information over the last 30 years on Ruth Seretha Chandler over my 30 year search.  My mother is her youngest of 6 children.  I can trace the Chandlers pretty far back but not her mother Seretha/Creatha Fralic/Fralick/Freaties who all came from Nova Scotia and before that Germany according to the Canadain census available at familysearch.org. If you want more information, please email me.  She died of an enlarged heart due to a childhood disease according to my mother.  They knew she would die and sent her to bed to rest which she did for many months.  Poor grandpa had 6 children to raise and a farm to take care of when she died.  However his family lived it the very large house which helped.  She was born April 23, 1907 in East Boston, Suffolk, Ma and died November 25, 1942 at the family home in Acton Maine where several generation of Winchells lived until they had to sell the house because Grandma Avis was the only person living in this large house and farm.  2 of Dana and Ruth's children are alive as of July 2017.  I remember Grandpa Winchell well and Grandma Avis since she did not die until 1995.  We grew up in Cincinnati but went to Maine 2 weeks a year and also as an adult, I took my mom to Maine most years.

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service