Hello,

I am looking for info on the wife David Bryant. I found in 1850 and 1860 of Enfield that her name is Beddy or Peda. On rootsweb it is her last name is Balcus and on Familysearch.org she is Beddy Bockum Balcus. I believe she was born around 1788. I also have that She married on 19 sep 1803. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Melvina and Ellen both are listed in the 1850 census!

Hi Susan,

I have stumbled across the Balcoms through William Balcom 1827 - 1892, second husband of Emma Young. It has led me on a merry dance. I wonder if you can provide the source for the dates you have above?

My problem is that probate for David's estate was issued before the date you have for his death and the probate was issued to a Jane Balcom who i have presumed to be his wife but you have her per-deceasing him.

I also struggling with the accounts of Alexander Balcom (1630/5 - 1711) and in particular whether his son and namesake was born in the Americas or Kent, England as I suspect.

Regards,

Glenn

Here is the source for David's death on 10/5/1805 which I got from a pedigree resource file on familysearch.org - 

A First Book of the Balcombe Family
Frank Wippoch Balcomb
The Fraedy Press, Peabody, MA
And here is an interesting website on the Balcom's

Thank you Susan, much appreciated.

I suspect Frank was in error. It is a shame that i only have probate and inventory but no will. But it is clear that on 5 Feb 1805 Jane Bolkcom, Arthur Lithgow and John Pullen swore before probate judge Daniel Corey.

Regards,

Glenn

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service