I am looking for any info on William E Spooner who served with the 20th Maine during the Civil War.  I can't find him on the roster of the 20th Maine during the battle of Gettysburg.  I would like to any info on his service that is available.

Thank you.

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!  They are all pretty localized to the Central Maine area. The kindles are popular but as a Librarian I'll always choose the actual books and photos.  The few times I've strayed outside of Maine have been interesting, the Lizzie Borden was a fun book, she reminds me of some of my family members!

If it's not to late....

I have photo's of him  & his wife plus more at  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSln=Spooner&...

I was able to go to the Cemetery in Woodland and get pictures of their headstones.  I am still interested in pictures of them.  Emeric Spooner sent some but I will always take more.  Thanks.  What is your connection to the Wilcox family?

William Spooner

Martha Anne Wilcox Spooner

I'm not sure I'm related to Martha.

My father is a Wilcox from Woodland.

I was born in Caribou and raised in Woodland.  The only other Wilcox's were Merle Wilcox with a son named Mike and Sterling with a son named Wayne.

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service