Looking for any info on Addie Ramey . she was my great grandmother .

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

Before any one can be of assistance to you, you need to provide something more than a name.

Start with things like;

> when was she born

> where did she live

> who did she marry

> why did you post her name in this forum

her maiden name was addie e. ramey . not positive on the spelling of ramey . she her married name was flint . she was my paternal great grandmother and her child hazel flint was my paternal grandmother . we have been told by many relatives as well as my deceased dad freeman stevens that she was of native American ancestry and that she smoked a pipe and made homebrew . I think she lived in Milton and Albany maine . she was born around 1876 . I can't find her birth records or names of her parents . any help would be greatly appreciated .

Addie E. Libby, daughter of Elijah and Maria (Morgan) Libby, was born in Greenwood, Maine, 17 Apr. 1879. She died 5 June 1955 in Albany. Here is her obituary, from the Lewiston Daily Sun of 6 June 1955:

She married first,15 Feb. 1896 in Norway, Willis E. Flint, son of Orin F. and Rebecca E. (Sylvester) Flint, born July 1874 in Waterford, died 21 Nov. 1912 in Albany, buried in Bisbeetown Cemetery, Waterford. Addie married second, 26 Oct. 1920 in Bryant Pond, Perry Talbot Raimey, son of Charles Edwin and Catherine (Wynach) Raimey, born 1 Aug. 1894 in Nova Scotia, died 13 Apr. 1962 in Buckfield.

I don't see any recent native ancestry in Addie's family. Her parents were both born in Greenwood, and her grandparents' lines all lead back to Massachusetts. Addie appears with her family in a Libby genealogy published in 1882, as shown here.

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Fold3 Records

© 2017   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service