Open Forum (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Decipher

Can anyone decipher this attachment? Specifically the abbreviations Gdp. and Gdn?  From , Abstracts of the Probate Records of Strafford Cou…

Started by Ward

2 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Ward

How do you find records on living people?

I got a shock today when I was told that after my grandmother passed away, along with the birth and death certificates for my aunt debbie,…

Started by Sue Ann Schilling

3 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Robert B Bonney

New Class Next Spring

Hi everybody! I'm planning a class on using Google Archives to find stuff in old newspapers. The focus will be on the Lewiston Sun Journal,…

Started by Kathy Williamson

2 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by Kathy Williamson

Maine Poll Tax

At what age did men have to pay a poll tax in 1840? Was there an age in which they no longer had to pay? Was the tax the same for every cou…

Started by Kyla Sandberg

2 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Kyla Sandberg

Trundy and Black

I am looking for any information about my paternal grandmother, Fredrica Trundy Holmes.  I am also looking for information on Allan Black a…

Started by Brian J. Lund

1 Sep 26, 2010
Reply by DOUGLAS JOHN SHACKLEY

Paddack/ Paddock, Lewis family

I have very little information on My great grandmother Lila M Lewis. I know that she married my great grandfather William M Paddock on Sund…

Started by Sue Ann Schilling

0 Sep 17, 2010

Oldenburgh & Marston Families

Hello. I am so happy to find this website! I have been working on my family tree for a long time and have a couple roadblocks & they bo…

Started by Dawn Rusnell

2 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by Dawn Rusnell

Early Maine Lawyers

I am looking for a picture of Iola Sybil Kearney and burial information. She was one of the first females in maine to become a lawyer. She…

Started by Debi LaMonda

2 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Debi LaMonda

Neat!

Looking for HEATH, MOULTON, SAVAGE, PATTEN.

Started by kerby heath

4 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by kerby heath

Ancestors in Maine Court Records

How can I find out if my ancestors were involved in any court cases in Maine. I know that probate records have an index. Do other court rec…

Started by Kyla Sandberg

2 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by Kyla Sandberg

RSS

© 2021   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service