Open Forum (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Epidemics in Maine

Does anyone know if there was an epidemic of some sort in Maine, occuring in the year 1880?  i have found a family where 6 members died, al…

Started by Dawn Soucy

7 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Paul Hines

Deeds index, Penobscot County 1825, Nature of Instrument

I have found my ancestor, Horace Brown, in the Index of deeds for Penobscot County,1825 (microfilm). He aquired several pieces of land in B…

Started by Kyla Sandberg

6 May 27, 2010
Reply by Kyla Sandberg

No last names of women in records

I have come to the conclusion in doing genealogy in Maine, especially going into the old records (1600-early 1800s), that any reference to…

Started by Diane Bender

3 May 25, 2010
Reply by Golanv Igvyi

Bill Restricting access to Maine Vital Records.

When does the new law restricting access to Maine Vital records go into effect? Thanks, Kyla

Started by Kyla Sandberg

4 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Kyla Sandberg

Early Maine Photo

Hello everyone, this photo I believe came from Maine. It appears to be a copy of a tintype from its size. Would anyone care to give their o…

Started by Ron

11 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Ron

Update: Maine Vital Records Fees

Dale W. Mower on the MGS blog has an update on the recent price hike for vital records in Maine, as well as some good advice on saving some…

Started by Chris Dunham

0 Jan 28, 2010

Maine Female Brick Wall

Searching Annie M. True b. c.1845 Oxford County, perhaps Dixfield (on death cert.) but I can find no reference to her until her marriage an…

Started by Elizabeth Perra

14 Jan 26, 2010
Reply by Elizabeth Perra

Massachusetts Marriage and Death Records

FamilySearch Record Search has added two collections in recent months that will be of special interest to Maine researchers. Though the in…

Started by Chris Dunham

0 Jan 4, 2010

brown family of somerset and franklin county maine from 1810-1860

i have an israel brown from new portland maine, who married an flora a emery in new portland in 1857.he was born around 1831 and flora in 1…

Started by ed mccarren

0 Nov 20, 2009

Stevens/Libby ancestry search

I am trying to locate information on the family of William F. Libby, whose daughter, Madeline, married Charles Wellington Stevens around 19…

Started by Diana M. Blankenship

3 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Michael Atkinson

RSS

© 2021   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service