Open Forum (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

WWII service records.

How do I found WWII service records? I am looking for a record on my Great Grandfather George Oscar Richardson. Below is a info from Ancest…

Started by SCOTT MORGAN

3 Jan 12, 2015
Reply by Chris Dunham

Death and the Single Genealogist - A Special Halloween Class at the Maine State Library

Where: Maine State Library, Augusta When: 9:15 AM on Friday, October 31, 2014 Who: Free and open to the public, but preregistration require…

Started by Maine State Library

0 Oct 27, 2014

Arthur E. CIMON Marriage

I believe somewhere the records maybe incorrect, on the marriage of Arthur Cimon marriage of July 3 1915. I found the Arthur Cimon Marraige…

Started by Steven Simon

4 May 29, 2014
Reply by Steven Simon

Question on Maine Vital Records

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I am wondering if out-of-wedlock births are listed in the Maine Vital Records.  I have a cousin wh…

Started by Simplegifts

2 May 19, 2014
Reply by Simplegifts

William Heaward

I am looking for an article about the accident that claimed the life of my uncle at age 22. His name was William Heaward. It was Oct. 1972.…

Started by Angelina Wilson

2 May 15, 2014
Reply by Angelina Wilson

Genealogy Club Hosts Discussion on Revolutionary War Ancestry Resources

Augusta - Many Mainers can trace parts of their ancestry back to the time of the Revolutionary War, or even earlier.  Thanks to a variety…

0 May 5, 2014

March Genealogy Newsletter from the Maine State Library

The Maine State Library March 2014 genealogy newsletter, Genealogy Notes from Emily, is now available online in PDF format. The publication…

0 Apr 16, 2014

Parmenas Dyer Trial

We found an indictment of Dr.Dyer for an illegal abortion in 1871. We also found a ruling that the woman could testify against her husband…

Started by Angelina Wilson

2 Mar 18, 2014
Reply by Angelina Wilson

SEEKING BOOK on Carter ancestors

Would like to purchase a copy of The Carter Families of Hancock County, Maine by Walter Adelbert Snow, Stetson C. Carter, and Elizabeth C.…

Started by Don Carter

4 Nov 17, 2013
Reply by Don Carter

Seeking information on a 1906 dynamite explosion in Oxbow

One of my ancestors, George Emory McGuire (1878-1906) was killed in a dynamite explosion in Oxbow, Maine on 1 May 1906 (less than 3 months…

Started by K.S.

3 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Chris Dunham

RSS

© 2021   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service