If a person had his name legally changed "by an act of the Maine State Legislature" in 1853, would there have been some kind of a petition, and where might that petition be located today? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the petition was retained, the Maine State Archives should have it. Send them the name and date of the change, and they should be able to tell you if a petition exists and how much a copy of the record will cost.

What name are you looking for?

Calvin T. Corson (b. Corinna) changed name to Calvin T. Towle. Mother was probably Lydia Elkins (Fayette), m. Corson. Her sister Nancy Page Elkins m. Towle. Why in his 20's did he changed to aunt's surname?


© 2020   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service