I am looking for birth information (place and parents) of Eleazer Boyd Dickey (1760-1853) who told the 1850 census that he was born in New Hampshire, and died in Monroe, Waldo, Maine. He enlisted in the Continental Army in 1778 in Winslow or Vassalboro and served in Col. Sherburn's regiment. Any information about him would be most welcome.

Views: 407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sending that page on EBD.  I have been to the grave in Monroe. Unfortunately, the state of New Hampshire cannot produce a birth record, and we still don't know who his parents were. This page has some errors. They were married in China, Maine, where his wife's family lived, and he died in 1853 (gravestone and obituary). Thanks for helping me with the search.

John Ellis

I believe your right here is a death notice for him from a New Hampshire newspaper,

Date: June 30, 1853
Paper: Farmer's Cabinet
House for sale, Not sure if it was his house or he was a salesman.
Date: June 25, 1802
Paper: Kennebec Gazette

Thank you very much for these documents relating to Eleazer Dickey. They are new to me and help to confirm his birth in Londonderry and his residence at Vassalboro.

John Ellis

I have ancestors James & Isabell (Dickey) Atkinson who resided in Winthrop, Maine. Supposedly James Atkinson came from Lancaster, England being born abt. 1739/40. Isabell Dickey was born about 1756. I'm wondering if there was an immigrant Dickey family who migrated from NH to the upper Sheepscott Valley area. I've never found any info on Isabell Dickey other than the vague mention that she was also from Lancaster, England.

from what i have learned, eleazer boyd dickey was born in londonderry ireland, and not londonderry nh.  i have much info

on this family, but don't have access to it at this time.  i will be in touch with you again when i can better look things up for

you.  my g-g grandfather was married to harriet m dickey.  her parents were william dickey and margaret curtis page.

harriet is buried in robertson cemetery in monroe but her husband moses page is not.  the tombstone was erected by

cc dickey (charles).

Thank you very much for your reply Maris. I would be interested in any information you have. I have been to the cemeteries in Monroe. The obituary for Eleazer in the Belfast Rebublican Journal says he was born in Londonderry NH. I also have a death notice from a NH paper saying he was born in Londonderry. But I cannot place him in any of the known Londonderry families. I hope you will contact me again.

John Ellis

South Paris

you are welcome.  please go to rootsweb, hit family trees and enter eleazer dickey.  scroll down to eleazer b.

dickey and click on hamlin1 database.  you will find extensive references that are published and true.  here

you will find all the info you need on your subject.  this is the reason you will not find a birth record in london-

derry, nh.  there is none.  sometimes people submit info that has not been proven.  have fun with this.  i may

even have an immigration date somewhere.  eleazer b. dickey was a revolutionary soldier too.  he moved

to monroe and lived the rest of his life there til he died at the age of i think, 98.  sorry i don't have my info in

front of me.  i will be in touch, but this may be all you need.  how are you connected to the dickeys?

Hi,  I checked the RootswebWorldConnect on this, through the NSDAR website, and Eleazer B. Dickey, was a Revolutionary Soldier, accepted as a veteran by the Sons of the American Revolution.  His SAR Membership number is 91392.  A good bit of information (which you may have) is listed in this family tree info.  His wife's surname was Hamlen.  You may be able to contact the SAR and get a copy of the information they have, with any reference and/or proofs.  Good luck!

Betsy Fosburgh

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service