I am searching for the parents of Sarah (Fletcher) Bullen.
I know she married Samuel Bullen on March 29, 1790 in Hallowell, Maine and died, I am assuming in Hallowell, in 1791. She was born approximately 1770, perhaps in Billerica, MA, Hallowell, Maine or Norridgewock, Maine.

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could Sarah have been related to the other Fletchers then living in Hallowell? The 1790 census shows David, Robert, and two "Briant" Fletchers living there. Brian and Anna (Young) Fletcher supposedly had a daughter Sarah baptized 8 July 1764 in Biddeford. Several of their other children appear to have married in Hallowell in this same period.

Hi Sharon and Chris. I found this news article about Amy Fletcher Pettengill and had to try and find a place to share it. It's from the Daily Kennebec Journal 1 Apr 1874 and seems to collaborate with some of the marriages you have in the married in Hallowell link.

Ben

According to pg 244 of  the Fletcher Genealogy by Edward H. Fletcher Related to the Unrelated Line of Pendleton Fletcher

Brian who married Amy Pettengill d June June 24 1824.She died Jan 6 1835 Their daughter Sarah is listed as born April 24 1790.

The Fletcher Genealogy shoes that David m Esther Deniston and had no daughters named Sarah

Robert married Mary Church and had no Sarah.

Robert, Brian, David are sons are sons of Brian Fletcher and Anna Young . Their sister Mary Fletcher married Daniel Savage as his second wife in Hallowell. My grandfather on several lines connected to the Savages. Daniel Savage who married Married Mary Fletcher was his 2nd great uncle. Luckily the Fletcher is Unconnected or I would be dealing with a link with with the Fletcher Line that adopted my grandmother (the Robert Fletcher Line)

You could be looking at a descendant of Robert Fletcher that mage it to Maine. Several werein Hallowell or Kennebec County. Skowehegan and Norridgewock are two places you might look. You can find the Fletcher Genealogy on Ancestry or public domain.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service