I am researching Ebenezer Heald.  There were at least 2 in Winslow/Clinton and probably 3 during the late 1700s to early 1800s.  Ebenezer (Son of Timothy) possibly migrated in 1769/70 from New Ipswich, NH with Timothy Heald. He is not supposed to be Timothy's son. (Timothy had a son Ebenezer, listed in family papers as 'Uncle' Timothy). 

Ebenezer II was born in Winslow/Clinton(1783) left in 1813 for the wilds of Ohio.  He traveled via Detroit, and Canada on the way to Rochester, NY, then Laporte, IN, Burlington, Racine, WI, and Marshalltown, IA.  Ebenezer II married Lucy Warren. His travels are listed in family papers via children born, or married in the various locals and verified via census and other sources. 

Ebenezer I is my focus.  Information is confused or incomplete.  He may have died in Winslow/Clinton in 1818 and should be interred there.  There are several court records on both of them, and 1810 Census information. Ebenezer I married Elizabeth Heywood(Haywood) daughter of Zimri Heywood in 1782.

Ebenezer and Timothy are both mentioned in the early Town records.  Both are listed on the 1780-81 tax roles for Winslow. 

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever found anything out on Ebenezer Heald? Your post was awhile ago. I am the library director for Clinton and secretary of the Clinton Historical Society. There are several bits of information here. Have you seen The History of Clinton by Major General Carleton Edward Fisher? That gives some details of his life. We also have some old records in the vault here. I do know that he probably lived in the part of Clinton that is now the town of Benton.

I have seen some 'discussions' from Colby U. referencing the original Plymoth Co.  land grants, but yes I am still looking.  I would appreciate anything you have or can lay your hands on.  I will be glad to pay any associated costs or join the Historical Society.  It appears that he was involved with Town politics, as was his older brother Timothy.  The conflict I have is due to the popularity of the name Ebenezer with the Healds during that time period.  It is difficult to know for certain that you have the right Ebenezer Heald.  So, I would appreciate any help and assistance. 

Dave (Lebanon, Ohio)

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Military Records - Fold3

© 2018   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service