Leighton family in central Maine: Augusta, Mount Vernon, Parkman, Rome

I would like to locate graves for Ephraim Leighton's wife and his parents. I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

Ephraim Leighton [Laiten, Latten, Layton] b Jan 1765 Edgecomb; d 10 Dec 1849 Augusta; married 23 Nov 1789 Esther Tibbetts in Rome.Ephraim, son of Benjamin and Jane (Webber).

No exact birth or death date is available on Esther. Have been working off the idea that her parents may have been Stephen Tibbetts and Thankful Otis but that's not certain.

Esther had eight children [Stephen, Henry, Ephraim Jr., Susanna, Esther, Charlotte, Anna, Isaac] the first born in 1790, the last born in 1811. She appears in the 1830 census [Parkman] but not in the 1840.

She is not buried in the family plot, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Augusta [probably first purchased in 1848 for grandson Sullivan]. Family was known to travel between the four towns listed in the title. I'm thinking she could be buried in Parkman.

It seems like it might be easier to locate the graves of Benjamin Leighton and Jane Webber because there is death detail but the difficulty may come in because of the condition of cemeteries over time and the age of their stones. Still, I'd like to try.

Benjamin: b ca 1735 Dover, NH; d 8 Jan 1824 Mount Vernon; m 16 May 1765 Wiscasset to Jane Webber b ca 1742; d 5 Mar 1823 Mount Vernon. Benjamin's parents: Capt. John Leighton and Sarah [unknown]. Jane's parents: Gershom Webber and Mercy Young.

Appreciate any leads or ideas that might help me move towards finding these people. Thanks so much in advance.

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have any information regarding the parents of Miss Jane Webber who Married Mr. Benjamin Leighton?

Thank You!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service