Where can I find service records for WWII that are a little more comprehensive than the enlistment pages found on Ancestry.com

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

World War II was recent enough that service records are still considered private. Veterans and their next of kin can request records through the National Archives. You should also be aware that many Official Military Personnel Files were destroyed in a fire in 1973.

I read that story.  I have serial numbers and thought maybe there was site that gave me access.  I am trying to find out where William Boyce Pooler, Bernard Harris Pooler and Hanford Prescott Duncan served.  I used the headstones of a couple to find the unit they were with and then tracked the unit during the years of service.  That was time consuming but interesting.


© 2022   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service