Hi,

I descend from a George Rowe & wife, Olive Bumpus Rowe. Their son, Alden B. Rowe is my gr. gr grandfather. He married Vesta Victoria Williams, daughter of Otis Isaac Williams and Martha (Somerby?) Somerbee.

Any information relating to this family is more than welcome! Always looking for more information on Somerset County in general as well, as it helps me get to know my family better. Thanks! Peggy A. Rowe-Snyder

Other Somerset County Surnames: Heald, Bean, Steward
Specific areas in Somerset County: Pleasant Ridge Plantation, Embden, etc.

P.S. Own the book, "Embden, Town of Yore" and am willing do to look ups for folks.
I'm at pegrowe62@gmail.com

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I descend from George Rowe, b. ca. 1770 (Census record) who married an Olive Dore, b. ca. 1771, same source, in Moscow, Maine 15 July 1816. What do you know about the Rowe's? I think they came from NH, (census records).....Carla Dillon-Jones.   #596  MGS

That is the same George and Olive that I descend from.  I'm at pegrowe62@gmail.com, email me and we can talk.  I know a lot, and nothing.  I can tell you that Olive's maiden name is Bumpus and she descends from Edward Bompasse who came over on the 2nd Pilgrim ship.    

& Yes, Census records show they came from N.H. (Rowe's).  I suspect eventually we'll be able to tie ourselves into Robert Rowe (Captain), because some of his kids ended up in Moscow.  But, I sure can't prove it.  Our line is supposed to have a John H. Rowe in there too, and I have found one from Moscow, belonging to Benjamin Rowe & Judith Kidder.   But, no proof he's ours.  Again family lore. 

P.S. Carla, On Facebook we have a Rowe group.  You've got many, many cousins there if you'd like to talk to them.  Let me know. 

I think I just bumped into either peggy or peggy's mom peggy on Wikitree when I started to look. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Rowe-2328

Ya, that is my account you found George Rowe ( I refer to him as II, or Jr. because his dad was supposedly a George as well.  Though I have no proof, it's all family lore. )

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service