When you hit a brick wall! I have a  4th gg named Samuel Stubbs (1810 - 1890) who was married to a Sylvia and had a son Austin Stubbs (or some documents have him as Samuel A Stubbs). Verified by birth certificate. The census reports show his sister Cynthia lived with them. That is where the trail goes cold.

It looks like there were many Samuel Stubbs, James Stubbs, and Reuben Stubbs in Bucksport during this time frame who could have been his father or uncle. If anyone has any sources to who the father of Samuel Stubbs I would be in debt! If I can peg down the father the tree will take off!

Thank you!

Michele

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The 1850 census shows Samuel and Sylva Stubbs living in the same dwelling house as Samuel Stubbs, 78, born in Wellfleet, Mass. In 1842, Samuel Stubbs had sold to "my Son Samuel Stubbs Junior" one undivided half of his homestead farm in Bucksport. He sold the remaining half to Samuel Jr. in 1852.

Thank you!! It lead to a Samuel Stubbs Jr. and his sister was Cynthia. The plot thickens.  Cynthia was born between 1811-1815 per death certificate and census reports but the mother listed on her death certificate (Hannah Kent Stubbs) died 1810. I cannot find any records of a possible mother.

RSS

Ancestry.com

Fold3.com

Search Military Records - Fold3

© 2018   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service