Sophia W Greenlaw (1823-1908) daughter of Ruth Webb (1792-1876) additional Birth Proof desired/needed

If you can help I would appreciate it.  I am looking for a primary source or an additional secondary source for Ruth Webb being the mother of Sophia W. Greenlaw.  As she is in our family we know it to be true.

Sophia W. Greenlaw is my 2nd Great Grandmother.  B. Bristol, ME 29 AUG 1823, m. Samuel Hastings 16 Jan 1841.  Her father was Ebenezer Greenlaw Bristol, ME, b. 23 FEB 1792 who d. in Bristol 23 MAY 1834.  Her Mother was Ruth Webb b. Newcastle 1792, d. 18 MAR 1876.  Ruth and Ebenezer married Newcastle 22 OCT 1816.  Ruth Webb was a daughter of Nathaniel Webb.

She shows in Old Bristol & Nobleboro ME VR 1:271 with year of birth only and no parents.  She shows on the Greenlaw MSS manuscript chart 4 with her parents identified.  Her death record does not include parents.  Her marriage to Ebenezer is documented in Old Bristol & Nobleboro ME VR 1:271 (but no parents), also page 314 with no parents for her, but parents identified for Ebenezer.  In the Old Bristol VR 2:105, 119 no parents identified.

Any references would greatly be appreciated by me.  She basically spent her entire life in Bristol.

Attached is a photo that I colorized of her from and old B&W photo near the end of her life.  Also her death record.  Thank you.

Views: 30

Attachments:

Reply to This

© 2022   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service