I'm a descendent of Samuel Proctor. He had a daughter Elizabeth who married John Dain. 

Their grandson was Nathaniel Dain, from Lisbon ME. He moved to NY and had a daughter Emily Bradley Dain Reynolds. Her son Eugene B Reynolds had one daughter my grandmother Jean Beaumont Reynolds, who had my mother Evelyn Stoddard Houghton who had me. 

I would love to see any pictures of the Dain's or Proctors. I currently live in Maine and would also love to know where Samuel Proctor and the Dain's were buried. 

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Hi cousin,

I descend from Samuel Proctor the 3rd.

Sam 1 should be buried in Portland (old Falmouth), but no stone found

Sam 2 may be buried near Prides Corner or in the Penley Cemetery on the River Road in Auburn (originally Pejepscot, then Danville), no stone found

Sam 3 was buried in a cemetery on the river bank near his home around the Lewiston/Lisbon town line. This cemetery was washed out in flooding in the early 1800s. Some remains were recovered and re-buried in a nearby cemetery. Most remains went out to sea. No stone found in the other cemetery.

I had his name added to the Military Memorial at the Falls in Lewiston so at least there is be some recognition of his life and sacrifice during the American Revolution.

I had a nice website on rootsweb that told the story of Sam and John Dain's military service, but it has disappeared!

Sorry don't have any pictures.

You can contact me off site - maineroots at outlook dot com

Nancy

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Dunham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service