The following pedigree provides the lineal descent for the Lunney Family of Easton and Westfield, Maine from four of the passengers on the good ship “Mayflower” when it landed at Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1620. The Mayflower Pilgrims and their fellow travelers were authors of the first true governing document created in a New World colony. The Mayflower Compact is considered to have set the stage for the Constitution of the United States.
Agreement Between the Settlers at New Plymouth: 1620
IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN. We, whose names are underwritten, the Loyal Subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, &c. Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the first Colony in the northern Parts of Virginia; Do by these Presents, solemnly and mutually, in the Presence of God and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid: And by Virtue hereof do enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions, and Officers, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general Good of the Colony; unto which we promise all due Submission and Obedience.
IN WITNESS whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names at Cape-Cod the eleventh of November, in the Reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France, and Ireland, the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth, Anno Domini; 1620.
Mr. John Carver
Mr. Steven Hopkins
Mayflower Pedigree for the Lunney Family of Maine:
Living descendants of the persons listed in the pedigree below (in boldface) are eligible for membership in the Mayflower Society:
Mayflower Passengers: John Tilly, Joan (Hurst) Tilly, their daughter Elizabeth Tilly, and John Howland.
John Tilly married Joan (Hurst) Tilly.
Their daughter Elizabeth Tilly married John Howland.
Their daughter Desire Howland married John Gorham.
Their daughter Desire Gorham married John Hawes.
Their son Joseph Hawes married Mary Howes.
Their son David Hawes married Elizabeth Cobb.
Their daughter Elizabeth Hawes married Lemuel Crowell.
Their daughter Elizabeth Crowell married Samuel Taylor.
Their son Isaiah Taylor married Mehitable Pattee.
Their son David Taylor married Martha Stevens.
Their daughter Susan Martha Taylor married Thomas Andrew Lunney.
Their twelve children:
1. A son, born on December 28, 1901 at Easton, Maine and died on January 6, 1902. (no descendants)
2. John Russell Lunney, born on April 10, 1902 at Easton, Maine, married Ruby Corey and died in July 1972. (living descendant)
3. Rita Pearl Lunney, born in 1904 at Easton, Maine, married “Benny” Benjamin. (living descendants)
4. Harvey Lunney (a twin), born on March 5, 1905 at Easton, Maine and died on March 7, 1905. (no descendants)
5. Harold Lunney (a twin), born on March 5, 1905 at Easton, Maine and died on March 9, 1905. (no descendants)
6. Earl Thomas Lunney (a twin), born on December 28, 1910 at Easton, Maine, married Beulah Kinney and died on February 7, 1987 at Presque Isle, Maine. (living descendants)
7. Ellery David Lunney (a twin), born on December 28, 1910 at Easton, Maine, married Mabel ? and died in April 1978. (living descendants)
8. Mary Rosella Lunney, born in November 1912 at Easton, Maine, married Chester Holmes and died on February 4, 2004. (living descendants)
9. Alice Rowena Lunney, born on May 15, 1915 at Easton, Maine, married Donald Gregory and died on August 20, 2010 at Dexter, Maine. (living descendants)
10. Leigh William Lunney, born on November 16, 1922, married Irene Knowlton and died on August 17, 1985. (living descendants)
11. Boyd Arthur Lunney, born in October 25, 1926 at Westfield, Maine and married Dawn-Marie Howard. (living descendants)
12. Avis Lunney, born in 1928 at Westfield, Maine and died as a toddler. (no descendants)