The Association for the Relief of Aged Indigent Women was founded in 1856 and their first residence opened on Elm Street at the corner of Oxford Street. The building was razed in the 1970s but occupied the small parking lot next to what was until recently the Lighthouse Shelter for teens. At the time the building was occupied by the Home they owned both lots. In 1872 they removed to a larger home they had built on Emery Street which is still extant and part of Waynfleet.
Posted on June 22, 2013 at 7:55pm — 3 Comments